Guess what? It’s finally autumn!
Well, I guess technically it has been autumn for a little while, but I judge seasons by the weather, and it finally started raining today! 🙂
It’s actually really funny because my dad, who despises cold weather, was visiting Czech this past week, and while he was gone it was super sunny and warm. The day he came home it actually started raining, so he missed all of the good weather!
EDIT: Yikes! My blurb got deleted! I’m not sure how
Well, I’ll add the recipe asap (a.k.a when I can find it!)
EDIT2: Here it is:
- 1 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup shortening or butter (I replaced half with applesauce)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar (I replaced both sugars with 2 c palm sugar + 1tbs molasses)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup flour
- Place the water and oats in a bowl for 20 minutes.
- Cream shortening/butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla. (If using applesauce, add here)
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Stir until just combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.