Deciding to have a strawberry milkshake for dinner.
Make that two milkshakes.
Deciding to make the milkshake with frozen bananas and protein powder instead of ice cream (although I admit a few bites of ice cream were consumed during the process).
Dousing the milkshakes in homemade chocolate fudge sauce…sugar free, fat free hot fudge.
Taking rushed photos as the fudge melts the milkshake.
Trying to eat the milkshake out of the cup.
Giving up and throwing the milkshake in a bowl (and topping with more hot fudge, of course).
Ahh, much better.
Realizing you forgot to add whipped cream on top, deciding to do so next time, and deciding next time will be tomorrow.
Strawberry Banana Protein Milkshake
Makes so, so much milkshake. I couldn’t finish it and had to freeze the rest.
- 1 scoop Jay Robb egg white protein powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 ½ cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- handful of ice (I added about ¾ of a cup)
- Blend all the ingredients in a high powered blender. If you’re using a weaker blender, thin out with more milk as needed.
- Top with hot fudge. I was experimenting and tried making a sugar free hot fudge not expecting much, but it was so good that I’m going to perfect its recipe tomorrow, and post about it soon.
- If you’re feeling extra fancy, add ½ cup of vanilla ice cream. I instead ate a couple spoonful while I was blending the smoothie.
- Optional: Wanna feel even healthier? add 1 tsp psyllium husk or ground flax seeds.