Tacos are really, really, really, really, really delicious.
Not so delicious though is when you’re eating a Taco, and you go to place it down for a while but the filling comes crumbling out. D: Taco lovers out there understand my pain?
Now, I know you’re all cringing at the though of a sideways Taco, I know I am, but not to worry, I’ve invented a new, very simple yet ingenious (I’ll never be modest about my creations to rid the world of Taco-eating problems. >:D) contraption that prevents this problem, “The TACO holder”.
TACO holders are basically mini taco shells that I made courtesy of my ceramics class at school. They support a taco’s weight, so there’s no threat of a fallen taco. :3
So far, I’ve just made one batch of multicolored TACO holders (one you can see holding up the taco), but I’m going to make another set of them soon, learning from the flaws in the last one (I underestimated the side of tacos XD). When I do made a perfect batch, perhaps I’ll do a giveaway here 😉 That way we can all bask in the glory of upright tacos. 🙂
Potato Corn Tacos (aka starch with starch on starch. so good)
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes (peeled + cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 large ear fresh white corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Penzey’s Taco Spice (or 1 packet taco seasoning)
- 2/3 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 2 ripe avocados (diced)
- shredded lettuce and/or tomatos
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 12 hard taco shellsHeat up a pan at medium heat, and add the potatoes and olive oil. Cook until the edges of the potatoes are beginning to turn golden brown.Add the water and taco spice, cover the pan, and continue cooking until the potatoes soften.Cut the corn kernels off the ear of corn and add to the pan, cooking for a few minutes more. Season the potato corn mixture with salt and pepper to taste.To prepare the tacos, put some of the potato corn filling in a taco shell and top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced black olives, shredded lettuce and/or tomatoes, and diced avocado.Serve immediately and enjoy.